Monday, March 23, 2009

Caring for those who cared

I saw an old woman begging on the roadside
With a piece of her saree spread across wide
She was small and perhaps weak too
I could barely see there a penny or two
My hands ran into my pockets to find at least something
Although my mind knew very well I had nothing
I only wished I could help I was desperate
Such moments of life I really hate
I went to her and asked oh woman
Why do you do this? Don’t you have a daughter or a son?
I have a son, she said as she looked at me
I was a burden he discarded me
Those few words touched me and they touched me so deep
All the night I was awake for I couldn't get any sleep
Her image flashed in my eyes through out the night
In my heart I could possibly feel all her plight
Her life was miserable, I could only pity
For her a meal a day was necessity
Two a day was comfort and three a luxury
Only god knew what saved her from death's fury
Every night i eat and sleep for which I am very glad
But at the same time she's both happy and very sad
Happy because, a day full of troubles is finally over
Sad because the next day is slowly getting nearer
Why did she suffer she hadn’t committed any sin
She’s fighting a battle she’s never going to win
When she thinks of her son she can't help crying
The fear of living is greater than the fear of dying...


Not every one in this world is a parent
Mysteriously, every one is some one's child
Some people do any thing to be called a parent
Some people don’t do a thing to be called a child

The next day on the same roadside
To give her some money I left
I found her lying with a smile so wide
She gave to the world she had left

Her son will never come to know
Nor does he care for it any way
Perhaps the poor fellow doesn't know
He’ll meet the same fate some day

No comments: