Monday, March 23, 2009

Longing

When I am doing nothing and sitting in a place
I know, I am doing something
I am thinking of those sweet childhood days
Captivated and unknowingly smiling

Those silly things I used to do
Those lovely dragonflies I caught
Those colorful kites I flew
I know, I can forget them not

I wondered why the earth was round?
And why I could not fly?
Where the rainbow's end could be found?
And why the sky was high?

How I used to play in the rain
And tried to skip school some how
How much I liked to wave to a train
I wish I could do them now

The past is the best place to be
With all the goodies in the sack
This feeling is not unique to me
Who doesn't want his childhood back?

Those memories of a life care free
Of fun and fear and joy and cry
Will always remain with me
Tickling me till the time I die.

No comments: