Sunday, March 22, 2009

The dog with wings

One day I saw a dog with wings
This isn't a fairy tale of queens and kings
I saw it fly with the canary, which sings
It wasn’t an elephant or a rabbit or a hog
I very well knew, it was a dog

So, I told my people about its curly tail
About it's wings and it's elegant quail
But they simply mocked my silly tale
"You have been dreaming a lot", they said
"There is definitely something wrong in your head"

What I told them, didn’t seem so nice
Because, they hadn't seen it with their own eyes
They said,” We aren't stupid to believe your lies "
"Such a creature has never been "
"No one on earth has ever seen"

I tried to convince them, but in vain
On the moon, there could be rain
But their confidence, I couldn't gain 
"Then why do you people believe in God?"
"Looking at every one, I cried aloud

Hell, no one has ever seen 
To heaven no one has ever been 
Does god exist I am very keen 
How can you turn a blind eye to my story? 
When you can be so rational about god's glory 

They said,” the ways of god are grand"
You’ve got to be more mature to understand
That god made the sky, water and land
You can never question his existence 
Nor can you ever disprove his presence

The reason may be either way 
I could commit a mistake or they may
But, if I am hallucinating; so are they
The primitive man's god was born out of fear
The modern man ignores the facts so clear

Why didn't they believe me? I thought
They don’t really care about 
What’s the truth and what's not?
These mad people are quite blunt
And will believe only what they want.

No comments: